Monday, April 17, 2023


 

Bee-side Our Window

Last Spring we noticed that we had bees flying near our front door. They seemed interested in the bushes by our front windows. One bee in particular seemed to be the most aggressive – to other bees, not to us, thank goodness. I had even named it as I watched it flitter around. It was chasing away any other bees that came by.

Well, the bushes are beginning to flower again and Bebe is back! It seems to have even more energy than last year. It is there when I open the door but it isn’t threatening. It keeps its distance as I watch it discourage any other bees that seem interested in the bushes. The strange thing is that I don’t see any nest in the bushes. What is it protecting? Last year we checked the gutters but they were clean, as they are this year.

By now I expect to see Bebe greeting me in the morning. The buzz gets a smile as I open the front door – a delightful way to start the day!

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely observation. You have a delightful way of observing nature in all it's intricacies and even being delighted in what do many others would fear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bebe doesn't come close enough to be threatening and it seems to be comfortable doing whatever it needs to do.

      Delete
  2. I haven't figured out why my comments are listed as anonymous; Claire is my usual moniker

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Bebe made my day. Thanks for the smile!

    ReplyDelete