Monday, June 12, 2023

Nature's Jigsaw Puzzles

 


Nature’s Jigsaw Puzzles

I love doing jigsaw puzzles. Recently, I was given a thousand-piece puzzle that showed lots of birds, which I also love. There were robins, cardinals, hummingbirds, bluejays, and sparrows all enjoying the field of wildflowers that was the puzzle’s background. So colorful. I sat down and got to work.

The puzzle wasn’t easy. It took me lots of days to finish but while I was working on it, my backyard seemed to have its own bird puzzle. There were robins flocking on the birdbath out back looking for a drink. A bluejay flapped them away so it could take a bath. Crows piled onto the grass, cawing as they searched for seeds. I heard chirping as I put the pieces into their right places, which felt like the real birds were encouraging me to work on the puzzle.

I am letting the finished puzzle stay on my dining room table for a while where I can see it when I walk through the house. I appreciate getting the bird puzzle as well as Mother Nature’s actual variety of birds. Both are gifts that I value and enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. As an added bonus, keeping the puzzle on your dining room table with enable you to see the birds even when it is raining outside and they are sheltering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thought! You know how much I love birds, inside and out.

      Delete