Sunday, February 7, 2021

Hearts and Lovers


Hearts and Lovers

 It's snowing today, the second snowstorm in a week. It's easy to get into the "Oh no, not again." mode, anticipating the shoveling that will be needed when it stops. 

But when I looked out the window to see how much snow had fallen, I got quite the surprise. A car had backed into the driveway across the street and left an incredible image in the snow. Two interconnected hearts! They stayed that way for a while. No other cars came down the street to disturb them. Then two people came by, chatting happily as they walked their dog, and it seemed to be an affirmation of the snowy hearts.

What a way to start the day? So what if I have to shovel? I actually don't mind doing it. And I know that when the snow stops and I get out there, shovel in hand, I will be thinking of the unexpected hearts that were so delightful to see. And maybe it will be a reminder that in our present difficult time, there is still much to be appreciated and enjoyed.


2 comments:

  1. What a sweet image to greet the day. I must say, however, that I don't share your delight in shoveling. Hot mushroom barley soup and the newspaper is more my style these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I would love to sit down with you so we could enjoy the soup together! As we used to. As one day we will again.

    ReplyDelete