Monday, December 14, 2009

Last of the Leaves


The trees are mostly bare but the streets not so much. This is the last of the leaves that have been raked and piled at the curb for our township to pick up. The mass of them blocks the sewer drainage and at times we have mini-floods. Next week they will be gone so visitors will have places to park again. I have mixed feelings about their disappearance. Leaf piles speak to the child in me. I have to resist clopping through them to hear the crackling sound dry leaves make and it takes all my adult will not to kick them high into the air. If no one is looking, though, I may grab a handful and toss the leaves over my head for the simple pleasure of watching them float down over me.

2 comments:

  1. You should give into the urge and jump into the piles of leaves -- celebrate the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had I know what was coming, I would have. what a snowstorm! I'll just have to jump into the mounds of snow instead.

    ReplyDelete